Drainage cell is structural drainage module manufactured from recycled plastics. It is also designed for sub-surface drainage where a high capture and discharge rate of water and high compression strength is required.
It is used in the construction of balcony green area, roof gardens, planter boxes, plaza decks, basements, pond filtration systems, concealed drains, pre-cast and in situ drains and sports fields.
When use on a landscape roof it provides a cavity layer on the roof. This serves as an additional protection layer for the existing waterproofing membrane and the gardening at the top. Thus eliminating the need for a gravel layer. It also serves as a good layer of insulation preventing heat from penetrating the concrete roof to the room directly below it.
Its modules are easily interlocked in the same plane or at right angles to one another. The pieces of drainage cell modules can also be place next to each other without interlocking.
It is available in different height or thickness and are able to withstand loads imposed by wheel burrows and mechanical equipment such as Bobcats.
Drainage Cell Features and Benefits
- High compression strength but lightweight
- High surface area and internal void volume
- Efficient water capture and discharge Interlocks in one plane and also at right angles to one another Flexibility in design and configuration
- Rapid assembly minimizes on-site disruption
- Resistant to biological attack
- Not affected by wide range of soil-borne chemicals
- Narrow profile enables greater soil depth in planter beds
- Relieves hydro-static pressure on retaining walls
Drainage Cell Applications
- Green roofs and landscaped decks
- Paved areas and roadways
- Sports fields
- Retaining/basement walls
- Pond filtration
- Bridge abutments
- Tunnels and landfills
- Golf courses
The large surface and capacity void space enables superior drainage efficiency compared to the small voids created by using a gravel system. The lightweight nature of this product reduces weight on the structure by 98% over gravel making it the perfect choice for balcony, roof gardens, planter boxes and landscaped podiums.